We like to follow certain steps ...
... in what we call ourINTEGRATIVE APPROACH.
Our Integrative Approach Steps:
1. Determine the client's priority (Lower costs? Better quality? Faster cycles? Other?).
2. Conduct the preliminary study on site.
3. Set up an action plan, with a list of priorities, and set targets for improvement of a few meaningful metrics: after 3 months, 6 months, 9 months, and 12 months. (Minimum of a consulting mission: 6 months).
4. Get factory's feedback and buy-in (communication generally involves our client as well).
5. Identification of one project owner, who reports directly to top management in the factory.
6. Assignment of "homework" to members of different departments within the factory. These employees should work together on improvement projects.
7. Regular (often weekly) visits to assess what was achieved, and direction for next actions. We also respond to project members' questions and send regular status updates to our client.